Tuesday 30 June 2015

Kabuki Style Brush Review

Hi everyone, 
I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine, it's so nice out it's about time we've got some good weather. I thought my wee buster would have made an appearance by now but no, here I am baby less awaiting on his arrival so I'm reviewing the ten piece kabuki style make-up brush set I just recently got, all the way from China! 

The reason I bought it was because I wanted to see if there was any good brush dupes about so when I seen how cheap this set was It was a no brainer really! So I ordered the brush set off e-bay about three or four weeks ago and completely forgot about it until I landed home yesterday evening and it was there. 

First off all as you know yourself the packaging was nothing special. They where just in a brown envelope however, they where wrapped in clear plastic and then individually wrapped again which was good. When I first took them out of the plastic they felt sooooooooooo soft I couldn't believe it. I thought they would defiantly be all hard and bristly but no, they are just so smooth. 

I'm a bit weird when it comes to smelling things, I always smell things like cups and saucers before I use them or anything really, I don't know why I do it and my mother is constantly giving out to me for it but I want to know what it smells like okay? It's not the worst thing in the world! But anywaaaaaaaay, when I smelled these, the smell was awful! I mean they all smelled like paint stripper! Ugh I was so put off, but I said I'd take them out of the plastic, let them air out, and wash them before I gave them ago. Sure enough this morning when I checked them before I gave them a clean they smelled fine so I'm putting it down to the plastic that they where wrapped in. I washed them before I used them anyway using my Mac brush cleaner. Anyone who uses this knows its got quite a lot of alcohol in it so I thought it would do the job at making sure they where 100 per cent clean before I used them. 



So I started off my make-up as per using my base and decided to use a corrective green concealer by NYX to take away any redness from my face. I used brush number 2 to apply this and to blend it out. It blended the product out quite well which surprised me and the bush itself was quite lightweight. I then used brush number 1 which is a flat topped stippling style brush to apply my foundation. I was so shocked at how well this applied the foundation to my face! This is as good as any high end foundation brush I've used I'd nearly go as saying it's up there with my favourite Mac 190 foundation brush. It's not as lightweight but it still glides the product on nicely and doesn't leave and streaks. The fibres are more compact than the Mac and I also find it softer than the Real Techniques stippling brush. This could possibly be my new favourite brush! 

I then used brush number 10 to apply my concealer with. I found this brilliant as well because it's at an angle it curved well under my eyes, around my nose and around my eyebrows. The bristles bend easily with what ever direction your going in which is brilliant! 

For my eyes I used NYX Jumbo pencil in iced mocha and blended it out with brush number 8. Again this blended the product really well and distributed it evenly around my eyes.I also used brush number 6 to smudge out my eyeliner underneath my eye.

 I then went on to use brush number 3 for my contour and well I wasn't impressed. The powder fell off the brush and when I applied it to my face it just left a big sploge in one area. It didn't blend out well at all. I tried brush number 5 for my highlighter and again same problem. I ended up fixing it by using my brush number 1 and my beauty blender. I didn't even bother using the blush brush because I knew it just wouldn't work well. 

So basically the brushes are brilliant for liquid/cream products but shite for powder based products! For €8.27 it's a complete bargain and brush number 1 and number 3 are great dupes off Fuschias flawless finish and blusher brush! 

All in all it's well worth the spend, it's an absolute bargain! The brushes are very similar in shape but I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of them! They would be great for kits and playing about with different products. They come in a variety of different colours such as pink, black, and purple and they can be purchased here;

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/141342818574?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=440532983048&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


That was the finished result! For anyone wondering the lipstick I have on is Macs Amplified, it's an amazing orange colour I love it so much! 

Thanks for reading,
Love Bv xx








2 comments:

  1. I bought the no.7 brush a few months ago, absolutely love it! Great brushes for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there so cheap and cheerful great Christmas presents!!! Must try the no 7 ones! X

      Delete

Thank you for reading :)