Friday 15 May 2015

Beauty Post - Skincare


I'm having a super lazy day today so I decided to do a blog post on the skincare products that I've been using and loving during my pregnancy. I don't have a strict beauty regime at all, I've never really been able to use scented or high end products because my skin is so sensitive it would flare up if I ever changed my products. 


As I said in my previous post I have psoriasis and I have had it for as long as I can remember. It's the most annoying thing on the planet because you literally have no control over it what so ever. Pain in the arse! However through out the years I've learned what agrees and disagrees with my skin and I've been able to keep it at bay for periods at a time. For people who have psoriasis it is nothing to be ashamed off at all let me make that clear. I used to be so up and down when my skin was acting up and it would drive me insane. I couldn't wear certain clothes, make-up wouldn't look right, dyeing my hair was a mission in itself and it was just a horrible time, and don't get me started on the small minded gobshites who would make comments about it! Those kind of people are so small minded and ignorant, it makes my blood boil thinking about it! 

Since I became pregnant my skin just done a U-turn. It was quite irritated for a while but a few weeks into my pregnancy it just cleared up. The products that I'm using are ones that I've used for a while and I just find that they work best with my skin. 

1. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water



I've been using this for a few months now since it came out really and I've found it great to take all my make-up off. I use it with some wee cotton pads and it really gets rid of everything. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't irritate it and leaves it feeling fresh and clean. The only thing I find is it doesn't get rid off all traces of eye make-up unless you really get in there and use a few pads, but over all a great product. It's also dermatologically tested. 









2. Lancome Bi-Facil 


One of my favourite products ever. This bad boy is the best thing ever for removing eye make-up. It removes every last bit of eye liner and mascara including waterproof products. It's gentle on the eyes and it doesn't sting and it doesn't leave an oily residue like some eye make-up removers. A bit on the pricey side but well worth the purchase. 










3. Vichy Purete Thermale Milk Cleanser (Sensitive-Dry Skin)


I only use this to cleanse and clean my skin not to take off make-up. I tried using it to do that but it wasn't taking it off properly. It does say that it's a cleanser, toner and eye make-up remover all in one but I wouldn't recommend it for taking your make-up off with, it just doesn't remove it completely. It's dermatologically tested and leaves my skin feeling so soft and soothed. 








4. La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water 




I love this product so much. I actually got it in the set and I love all the La Roche-Posay products. This product is an all rounder. I use it after cleansing my skin, after coming out of the shower I like to sprits it on to lock in moisture and I spray it on my face before I do my make-up, It's also great for setting make-up. In the summer it's great for when you need a freshen up. It locks in moisture, soothes and softens skin and contains natural antioxidant. 








5. Simple Moisturiser 


I think everyone has this in their press. It's a dead cert, it does exactly what it says, moisturises and leaves skin feeling soothed. It's dermatologically tested and contains a blend of multi-vitamins including vitamin E. It's unscented and contains no artificial perfumes or chemicals. I always use this before I put my make-up on, wait for  few minutes let it soak in and then apply the La Roche-Posay thermal water for a base. 








6.  Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream 


The holy grail of beauty balms!! This stuff is just amazing. It's won numerous awards and it deserves every one of them. It can be used for anything. I love to layer it on at night before I go to sleep to give me a great complexion the next day. It's balmy texture does leave the skin feeling sticky that's why I use it at night time. It smells like bee wax not for everyone but  I love the smell. I also use it on my lips when they're dry, it works instantly. It's also great for softening cuticles and I use it on my heels when there feeling rough. It's great for your eyebrows as well, it helps them stay in shape. Make-up artists also use it to add shine to the eyelids and cheeks as a gloss. The list is endless really. Oh and it's great if your on a long haul flight it keeps the skin in perfect condition! 


7. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream For Stretch Marks


I can't get enough of this ever since I became pregnant. I love getting out of the shower or bath and slathering this on. I've gone through countless number of tubes and I'd recommend it to any future mum-to-be. It's consistency is quite thick which I love because my skin is extra dry. It leaves skin feeling moisturised for hours and my skin feels so soft because of it. This one is specially for tummy, hips, thighs and bust, I've used it all along and thankfully haven't gotten any stretch marks. It contains vitamin E, Shea butter, bio C-Elast which is a combination of collagen, elastin and loads of other yummy ingredients.It's dermatologially tested, hypo-allergenic and paraben free. The smell is to die for and I feel like a princess when ever I have it on!! So stupid but it's the little things! I've also been using the cocoa oil as well all over my body and it gives a great shine to the skin and keeps it moisturised 24/7. Great product! 



8. The Body Shop Body Butter and Hand Cream


These products just feel so good on the skin. The rich creamy texture of the body butter just makes my skin feel so good.It's great for dry skin and adds a lovely sheen to the skin, great for putting on over fake tan to add a shimmer. The smell is just something else honestly I just want to eat it every time I put it on. I use this specially on my legs and arms and on my feet as well. The hand cream is handy for your handbag, my hands have became dry lately and I just pop some on whenever I need a bit of moisture. I actually bought the set which came with a shower gel and I've been using that as well, it just makes your skin smell so fruity! 







I hope this helps anyone with dry or sensitive skin and if anyone would like to know a bit more about my psoriasis and what other creams I use specifically for it just comment and let me know.
Thanks for reading,
Love BV xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)