Tuesday 19 May 2015

Highlight & Contour Routine

Hey Ladies, 
So I've had a desperate nights sleep, this little man was so active last night and I was in and out to the loo every half hour because of the way he is lying on my bladder, I'm not feeling the best today and my skin looks like crap  so I decided to do a post on my highlight and contouring routine and how I fake a glow when my skin is looking dull. Again for those of you reading I'm no professional I'm just giving you's some info and tips on how I achieve the best results, so lets get started! 



1.  So first I start with my foundation. I've already prepped and primed my skin so after my products have settled on my skin I go in with my foundation. The foundation I'm using at the moment is the MAC Studio Sculpt Spf 15 foundation in NC20. This is my first time trying this foundation and so far it's been good on my skin. It's specifically aimed at people with dull/dry skin. It's a gel-based foundation with a medium buildable coverage. It's not my favourite foundation I've ever used as I find it quite yellow toned and it's not as dewy as I'd like it to be, it actually sets like a matte foundation. Anyway I apply this all over my face using the Real Techniques buffing brush, I used different brushes to put on this foundation but found this brush worked the best with the thick consistancy of the foundation.


2. Then for my highlight I use the Crown Concealer Palette using the first shade on the top of the palette under my eyes, the middle of my forehead, over my top lip and also on my chin. 

3. I then use the first colour on the bottom left of the Crown palette to highlight the bridge of my nose and just above my jaw bone. The reason I use this second colour is because I don't like the contrast to be too obvious when I'm highlighting and contouring I like the shades to blend together so this is the reason I use a different colour for these areas. I do step 2 and 3 using the Real Techniques eye-shadow base shadow brush. I have the Real Techniques concealer brush but I prefer to use this brush instead because it allows for more precise application of the product. 


                                                                                          4. I then go in with MAC studio sculpt concealer in NC15 using the same brush. I like to go over my highlight with my concealer because it adds a more dewy look and also gives more coverage. A little of this stuff goes a long way. I apply this under my eyes, and the the centre of my forehead. I blend this out by using the Real Techniques beauty blender. This little fellow is brilliant! It gets right in to all the difficult areas like the corner of your eye and the side of your nose. It really does blend the product into your skin instead of dragging it around the skin like so many sponges do. To add even more glow or dewy finish sprits it with some MAC prep & prime or just add a dab of your favourite primer! 

                                                                                                                                  5. I then start on my contour. I use the third shade in on the bottom of the Crown palette as I don't like my contour to look too harsh, and my face is as pale so I don't need to go any darker than this colour unless I'm using tan. I apply this under my cheekbones and on my forehead in towards the hairline, I do this by using the Real Techniques foundation brush. I like to use separate brushes for my highlight and contour so the products don't all build into one. This brush is handy for contouring as it gathers the product easily because of it's large surface and it just glides on the face. 

To blend my contour out I use the Real techniques stippling brush. I use this brush because I find it doesn't move the product around to much which Is great for contouring as you do want it to blend but also for it to stay in place. 



6. I then go in with MAC bronzing powder in Golden, it gives a nice shimmer to the skin and adds to the depth of the contour. I apply this using this brush, I haven't a clue what the make is I've had it for years but I love it I'd say it's some cheap one from a chemist but it's one of the best brushes I have!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        7. I then go over this with MAC Mineralize skinfinish powder in medium dark. I also use this on my nose, forehead, chin etc and also on my neck to blend it in with my now tanish face!! I use the same brush for this. If you'r feeling like a bit of cleavage, you can always contour around the boobs to give the appearance of a bigger bust! And under the collar bones apply a dark contour and on top a highlighter to make them pop .... hello skinny big boobs!! 



8. Last but not least is my favourite product ever MAC Soft & Gentle. I love love love this! It's an amazing highlighter, it's summer all over! I apply this above my cheekbone up into my temple, under the arch of my eyebrow, on the inner corner of my eyes and on the forehead. I use the Real Techniques contour brush for this. This highlighter really is amazing and with a tan it's just something else! I use it down the centre of my legs as well to add a nice shimmery look to my tan. You can also use it on your boobies to emphasise the shit out of them!! I then set my make-up using what ever I have at hand and that's it done! I know it seems like a lot, I don't do this every day only when I can be arsed! 



 I tried to get a decent picture of my face but the camera on my phone is so shitty it doesn't do it justice. And excuse the sexy nightgown but that bad boy is what I live in lately! 
Thanks for reading,
Love BV x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)