Monday 11 May 2015

What I Wore / MOTD


I had my nieces communion on Saturday and I wasn't that excited about the whole thing. Being eight months pregnant I was just thinking about how long the day would be, and what in gods name would I wear that wouldn't make me look like a whale or feel totally uncomfortable. I eventually went with a plain jersey bodycon strapless midi from Missguided and it was sooooooo comfy. Jersey material is my new best friend. I've actually bought a few wee dresses in that material and they're just so comfy and handy to throw on. My blazer was from Boohoo a total bargain at 27 euro. I love the longline boyfriend dusters, they make any outfit look slick. My shoes where cheap as chips from New Look and the small heel helped my feet so much. Swollen feet is the shittest thing ever, one of many dreaded pregnancy symptoms I've had. Not attractive in the slightest, but I lasted most of the day in them, well worth the purchase. My clutch was from pennys and that was pretty much me sorted. 




I under no circumstances think I'm an amazing make-up artist in the slightest, I studied make-up for one year and worked for Smashbox for a period of time. I've always loved make-up and just know what works best for me. I just want to share with others what I know and that's it. It's just my own thoughts and opinions on products etc. 



On the day I kept my make-up simple, I used mac stuido sculpt in NC20 as a base and for my highlight I used mac studio fix concealer in NC15. For my contour I used the Crown contour palette,because my face is quite pale I only use the third colour in on the bottom of the palette or I'd end up looking like a clown! I also used Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in medium-dark over my contour and Mac soft and gentle to highlight as well. For my eyes I used a Mac shadow base, I think it's in the colour Vanilla, my all over colour was Trick form the Naked£ palette and I used Inglot number 31 in my crease and number 55 under my lower lash line. For my lips I used Mac boldly bare lip pencil and Mac pure zen creme sheen to finish off the look. 



I didn't use any filters in these pictures, just pure natural good lighting. It annoys me when I see people reviewing products and they have used every filter under the sun to enhance the photo and you just don't know weather it's the make-up or the amazing filter. So I have not used any. The first picture is when my make-up was done and the second is off when I came home that evening so it lasted pretty well. If any one would like me to review any of the products in a different post just let me know. BV x


Links

Blazer - http://www.boohoo.com/blazers/leah-longline-waffle-boyfriend-duster-coat/invt/azz29603 

Dress - http://www.missguided.eu/catalog/product/view/id/178000/s/jersey-bandeau-midi-dress-khaki/category/847/ 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)