Tuesday 8 September 2015

Clarisonic Cleansing Brush Review


Hi Ladies,
 
So if yous seen a few weeks back I purchased the Clarisonic Mia 2 cleansing device. For a long time I was debating if  I should buy it or not because it is a bit pricey and I wanted to make sure I wasn't spending my money on a piece of crap! For anyone who doesn't know what the Clarisonic is, it's basically an electronic cleansing brush that does beautiful things to your skin! It claims to be six times more effective than hands alone so for someone who loves to wear make-up and as cleansing is a big part of my skincare routine, I was mad to try it.
 
 
I bought mine in Debenhams one evening a few weeks back and like a child at Christmas the excitement of playing with it was killing me. I was itching to get home and give it a bash, but when I opened it and read the manual (something I never do with any item but this to me was very technological so I said I'd be proper for once) it said to charge it for 24 hours before the first use. How raging was I? Very!! The charger that comes with is very high-tech, it's a magnet charger and attaches to the bottom of the brush. It makes this cool wee sound and vibrates when you attach it, which highly amused me! And glows on and off until it's fully charged, and when you remove the charger it will vibrate twice to let you know it's completely charged and once if it's not.
 
So I bought mine in Debenhams, mine is the Lancôme addition. At the time I didn't know what that ment but now after looking it up I'm after copping that Lancôme and Clarisonic teamed up to make a gift set which means you get the Mia 2 brush with a Lancôme gift. How pissed off am I now? I didn't get my gift!! :( You're supposed to get the Lancôme Gel Éclat cleanser and a skin serum and the sales assistant didn't give me mine! This makes my soul hurt!! :(  I'm actually going back to get it because the cleanser is 125ml and I need that in my life!
 
Anyway enough of my moaning, In the box came the cleansing brush, a sensitive brush head, the charger, a travel case for your brush and a small Clarisonic cleanser. I haven't used the cleanser because I have very very sensitive skin and more than likely it wouldn't agree with mine so it's sitting in the bathroom gathering dust.
After reviewing the brush online I was seeing people with problem skin raving about it so this made me want it even more as I've had a bad flare up of Psoriasis on my face since having my baba which is a pain in the arse, so I wanted to try it and see would it make a difference to my skin.
 
You can get many different brush heads as it's interchangeable which allows you to remove the heads, and use different ones such as a deep pore brush head or one for acne, however, I like the sensitive one as it's gentle enough on my skin so I'm sticking with it. In the manual it does say to change your brush head every three months as the bristles wear down but I suppose it all depends on how much you use it. I use mine every evening because I'm obsessed with cleaning my face but some people only use it once or twice a week to deep clean their face.
 
When I first used the Mia 2 I wasn't sure what I was at, it has a built in timer and it tells you to rotate the brush to different areas of your skin for certain periods of time. So I started on my forehead and after twenty seconds the brush will beep and that's your signal to move on to your chin and nose for a further twenty seconds and then either cheek for ten seconds each. All in all it cleanses your skin for a minute. I thought this was shite because I want to scrub the life out off my skin but a minute is really all you need to remove all dirt and residue left on your skin. I previously used it for two minutes as I had tonnes of makeup on and it was the day after the night before so I looked like a hag but it wasn't the best idea in the world because it left my skin feeling irritated so the one minute is all you need ladies. Don't get any ideas like I did it will upset the skin.
 
 The Mia 2 has two speeds, and recommends starting off at the slower speed to build up your tolerance to the brush because at the start you will get a break out. I never get spots, my problem is dry sensitive skin but I was shocked and very impressed when I got a whopper on my chin  after three days of using it. That sounds so random, who is impressed with getting a massive mountain like spot on their chin? But I was because I knew it was working! I also have some blackheads on my chin and after using the brush they're all but gone.
 
So when I use my brush I first remove most of my make-up, especially the eyes and then I dampen my face with warm water. I wet my brush head and apply a face wash directly onto the brush itself. You can use any face wash or cleanser and can apply it to your face either. I use it every evening and sometimes in the mornings when I'm having a shower as it's waterproof which is so handy. You can use it on your body as well like ankles, knees, elbows etc which will help all the huns out there on tan Thursdays.
 
I've had my brush for about five weeks now and I truly love that thing like it's my baby. I am obsessed!! I think it's the best thing in the whole world for removing make-up, making your skin super soft, completely cleaning your face and brightening your whole complexion. Now as I said I've had a bad flare up of Psoriasis on my face and although it hasn't taken it away, obviously, it has reduced the redness and dry patches on my skin. It makes the surface of the skin look even which helps millions when applying makeup. But, don't cleanse your skin with the brush if your going to use make-up straight away after it as it will irritate the skin when you put all the products on and the makeup doesn't sit right.
 
My skin looks so much better from using this and I would recommend it to anyone looking for that extra something to give their skin a boost or even just for someone who hates taking their makeup off. This makes it so much less of a hassle and removes it ten times better than any face wipes or manual cleanser. The price tag isn't pretty (about €145.00) but well worth the investment. A few people I talked to about seem to not be fussed on the whole thing but everyone is different and for me it's a gem. So thumbs up from me! :)
 
Thanks for reading and if anyone has any questions just holla 
Lots of Love
BV xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)