Wednesday 14 October 2015

Estée Lauder Double Wear & Advanced Night Repair

 
 
Hey ladies,
my skin has been feeling and  looking desperate the past few weeks so I'm back with a review on Estée Lauders Double Wear foundation and their advanced Night Repair Serum. I know this foundation has been around for donkeys but for anyone who has problem skin like myself I said I'd share my thoughts with all of you. 
 
So I've been a big stress ball lately and if you have read my previous posts I've got quite bad Psoriasis, this obviously doesn't help in the slightest when I'm trying to look like a prin. It's actually the bain of my life and trying to cover it when it's bad is a bitch. As my skin is so dry I find it difficult to get a foundation with full coverage that also hydrates my skin and doesn't make my face look like the Sahara.

So the other day when I had no intentions of spending a penny, I came out of Boots with a bag full of Estée Lauder products!  Always the way! But I am delighted with life because this foundation is the best thing that has ever graced my makeup kit. I've worn it about three or four times since I bought it and hawt damn I been feelin myself!! Serious Queen Bee moments going on!
 
I  bought it in Boots in Belfast and I just wanted to try the double wear foundation on my skin but the lovely sales assistant sat me down removed my makeup with their cleanser and matched me with a shade. For anyone wondering I'm normally NC 20/25 in Mac, I told her this and Sand was the first colour she picked and tried and I was immediately happy with the colour match. It's got a yellow undertone like Mac but not as obvious it's more subtle. I told the girl my concern areas with my skin and she applied the foundation directly to the areas and I was so surprised at how well it looked. No caking or making my dry patches more obvious, it actually gave me a nice even tone to my skin. So in the bag that went! She then told me about their offer and because I'm a sucker for a free gift I picked up the eye makeup remover as well and got my lovely box of goodies. 
 
 
 
What came in the lovely box?
 
  • Daywear cream 24ml
  • Advanced night repair serum 24ml
  • Makeup remover lotion
  • Modern Muse perfume spray 24ml
  • illuminating perfecting primer sample size
  • 3 double wear concealers sample size
  • Lipstick in the colour coral
  • Sample size pot of foundation
and a cute wee makeup bag. To be honest I was very impressed with the selection of products that came with it because most times you get led to believe your getting nice freebies and in reality you get a shitty sample of something that's not worth shite excuse my French!
 
The serum has saved my life the past two weeks. I've really been having a bad few weeks with my skin and trying to cover it with makeup just made it look even worse. It's for all skin types and it's used to  prevent,
  • signs of aging
  • dryness and dehydration
  • lines and wrinkles
  • dullness and loss of radiance
It's dermatologically tested, oil free, fragrance free and non- acnegenic which won't clog pores. It leaves skin feeling silky smooth and it doesn't leave a greasy film on your face. It doesn't have a strong smell either it's very mild which I love, I hate the smell of strong perfumed products on my face. It absorbs really quickly so it's ideal to use in the mornings as well.
 
I'm so in love with the serum and day cream that I've been using them twice a day in the mornings and evenings before bed. I like to apply the serum and moisturiser prior to applying the double wear foundation as it glides on so smoothly. The makeup itself has amazing staying power and really does last all day.  It dries to a natural matte finish and wont budge even the tiniest bit. I've been using concealer over the foundation but just to highlight not to cover anything as I don't need it. I also never bother with a powder unless I'm going on a night out as I feel it dries out my skin but when I do I spray Macs fix plus all over y face like I drench myself in it!! It also doesn't oxidise badly either like other foundations.
 
It contains an SPF for all the sun loving girlos. And it hasn't came off on any of my clothes either which is a huge relief, nothing worse than a gammy foundation scarf around your top! Here's a before and after pic, I haven't used any filter just standing in my good aul dressing gown in my room with a fab hun bun! Please excuse my brows I've been letting them grow so don't judge me!!
 
The picture on the left is me completely makeup free and looking like a ghost! But as you can see my Psoriasis on the side of my face and nose. I used the serum and day cream before I took the photo and then used the foundation and I also attempted to do my brows!! I've nothing else on my skin other that the double wear. I'm actually so happy with this foundation I would recommend it to anyone looking for a full coverage makeup to cover any problem areas. The girl who helped me at the Estée Lauder counter actually had it on and told me she uses it to cover acne scaring and her skin just looked flawless. Some of my friends have said they don't like it because they feel they look caked with it on but I think prepping and priming your skin before using it is key!
 
Thanks for reading,
Love BV xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey @theblondevirtu I have a skin condition which gives me extremely dry rough skin. Nothing would work for me for years until I came across a cream called SR Lotion. Its been a life changer and it also works for psoriasis. Its 60e for a small bottle but definetly worth it. If you type it into google it should come up and there are before and after pictures which show it really does work. It did for me anyway. One bad thing is it smells rank. I ordered mine off the SR Lotion website. Anyway just a suggestion. You are completely gorge anyways!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for telling me I'll definitely look into it x

      Delete

Thank you for reading :)