Friday 29 May 2015

Top 10 Festival Essentials

Hey everyone, 
so seeing as Slane and Forbidden Fruit are on this weekend and of course I'm housebound ..sad face... while all my girls are off on their travels, I decided to to do a blog post on Festival essentials which are all from Pennys! 

There is absolutely no point what so ever in spending a shit load on you'r festival bits when guaranteed there going to be wrecked by the time you stumble home and in fairness you're not going to want to look at the shit stained bag and wellies you had for the day or weekend! So I've picked a few things that tick all the boxes but at a reasonable price. 


1.  Bag
I uploaded a picture last week of this back pack on my Instagram and people went crazy looking for it. It comes in a black version as well and they're only €13.00. A back pack is honestly the handiest thing to through all your bits into and when you'r on top of someone's shoulders giving it loads, switch it around and it can be used as a drink holder! Everyone is rocking the tassels at the minute so on trend and a bargain! 


2. Bum Bag
Not everyone's cup of tea but I love them!! They hold your phone, money, and there so secure there's no fear of some prick trying to rob you! This bad boy is only €7.00. 


3. Hat
Nothing makes me feel more like a festival chick than a trilby. Don't ask me why but when I have it on and a pair of shades I like to think I'm a bit of a bad bitch like Kate Moss. Great for hiding you'r manky hair after a few days on the session and also stops your hair from getting wet or if in the rare case it's actually Sunny it will protect the scalp. Just make sure to hold onto it as there's always one gobshite who will try and rob it! This pretty little one is just €4.00 so even if you do loose it, no tears my friends!


4. Sunglasses
Everyone loves a pair of shades, you can do all the creeping you want. These bad boys are just €1.50 and as there not Ray Bans who gives a shite if they break? Even if it isn't sunny it will hide your extremely drunk self. Hey resting bitch face!! 


5. Face Wipes
Definitely a must, if you're there for the weekend or just for the day, a girlo can get a bit sweaty, nothing worse than the smell of sweat of someone! Great for the loo as well, horrible festival toilets always run out of toilet roll and tbh I'd rather find a nice quiet area and drop it like it's hot than actually use the porter loos at concerts, there so rank it makes me sick. Speaking of sick if anyone needs a tactical puke these are great for cleaning the mess up as well and there only €1.50!


6. Hair Brush, Hair Bobbins, Dry Shampoo






 So if that prick has stole your hat, it's best to be prepared, spray a bit of dry shampoo on the wig (€1.90) , give it a brush ( €1.50 this wee brush is actually a de-tangler) and tie it up (€1.50) and you're good to go! 



7. Lip Balm
I need this in my life at all times anyway, my lips are always dry. You'r skin and lips get so dehydrated from all the beer and lack of water so it's handy to have this in your bag nothing worse than chapped lips and if you'r on the vodski it will sting like a bitch! Investment at €1.50 and smells fabulous! 



8. Socks


Weather your're there for the day or the weekend, you will give yourself a pat on the back when you can ditch the smelly wet socks and put on a fresh pair. I remember coming home from my first Oxegen years ago and I just wanted to take my wellies and socks off but didn't have the brains to think of bringing any more socks. My feet were all water marked and just felt horrible. So ladies, feel like the smug bitch when your friend is still wearing her manky ones and you'r as fresh as a daisy! Or you can be sound and give her a pair as there is five in this pack and they're only €3.00!



9. Plimsolls
Not the most fab but when all you want to do is ditch the wellies for the journey home they do the job. I actually felt like Beyonce when I had my new clean runners and socks on, after the weekend of living in shitty wellies you will think you're the bees knees and these are only €3.00! 


10. Toothbrush & Toothpaste


Again it doesn't matter if you're there for the day or weekend to me this is well and truly up there as an essential. The amount of times I've kicked myself for not bringing one with me for the day, especially after all the tactical pukes it's an investment and at €1.50 it's hardly breaking the bank! 




So that's my top 10 Festival essentials, giving you've already invested in a decent raincoat and a pair of wellies, However I also have to add a few more, such a woman take everything but the kitchen sink! But I could not not include these few things, first are the metallic tattoos I love them soooooo much and have bought a few packs from pennys and haven't got the chance to wear them yet. There only €2.00 and come in loads of different designs and look fab with a tan! And when I seen all the celebs wearing them I just wanted an excuse to buy them!




Last but not least is a cup! Yea ok not a huge essential but it's got a handle and a straw and a lid ten times better than the plastic cups they give you at the drink tents and it prevents any spillages! It's €3.00 and you will feel very smug when all the lads are spilling the five euro pints all over the place! Also if you'r a lightweight and can't down a pint split it with you'r bestie and sip until you'r hearts content! 


I hope everyone has a ball this weekend or any other festival weekend and I hope this helped some of you festival goers. Be strong troopers and represent for all of us staying at home! 

Thanks for reading
Love BV xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)