Sunday 31 May 2015

Festival Inspired Make-Up

Hey ladies, 
hope everyone's Sunday is a lazy as mine, currently lying in bed with a hot bottle and a hungover boyfriend ready to watch Harry Potter :) I actually do not miss going out what so ever. Okay don't get me wrong there's been times when all I want to do is go cray but then when I'm at home in my jammies eating everything in sight I'm actually happier than a pig in shit! And when I look at the dying head on my boyfriend I don't envy him in the slightest! 


Anyway, while all you lovely people where living it up at Slane and Forbidden Fruit I decided to play with my make-up and do a festival look that I would wear if I was off on my travels for the weekend. It's obviously not for everyone but I thought I'd share it anyway. The photos I took are courtesy of my phone which does not pick up any of the contour or highlight or most of the colours on my eyes, I really need to invest in a new camera, but for now please bare with me! 


The shadows I used are all by Urban Decay, I have a few of their palettes and find the pigmentation really strong, however there is a good bit of fall out when you'r applying the shades so best to save foundation until last, however I did not do this for this look and learned the hard way! 

So first I started with my base, my foundation, highlight and contour. For anyone reading I have done a previous post on my highlight and contour routine so I won't go into much detail about that.  

I always fill in my brows before I do my eye make-up,I've been using Rimmel eyebrow pencil in 002 and then I apply some concealer above and beneath the brow to give it better definition. I then applied my eye shadow base, for this I used Urban Decays eye shadow primer in the colour Eden. I love this stuff it actually holds your eye shadow all day, it literally will not budge! 







The first colour I used was from the Urban Decay Deluxe palette in the shade ransom (1), and I just applied that to my crease as the transition colour. I then used the colour Blackcurrent (2) from the Naked3 palette and applied that all over my lip with a flat brush to pack on the colour. I went back to the Deluxe palette and used the colour Fishnet (3) to smoke out the edges with, and I also applied this mixed with Blackcurrent under the lower lash line. I then applied some Mac Kohl eye pencil, tight lining my eye. I then applied some liquid liner, I used Rimmels liquid liner in black, and then applied a coating of my Lancome Hypnose Mascara. 








For my lips I used my Rimmel eyebrow pencil to line, and Macs lipstick in the colour Myth along with a nude Revlon lip gloss. I haven't a clue what the colour is I found it in my make-up case so decided to throw some on! 



The bindi which isn't really a bindi but a metallic tattoo, is from Pennys featured in my festival essentials post. Be warned, I stuck this on just for the crack and had to get my boyfriend to try and scrape it off! Great staying power for festivals, not so great when you'r roaming about the house in your pjs, he thought it was hilarious and said I looked like 'Medusa'!. 


And that was the look finished! 










Thanks for reading,
Love BV xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)