Friday 22 May 2015

Cheap & Cheerful

Hi everyone,
So yesterday I did a 90's nude lip and I used two cheap and cheerful very affordable products. There's so much hype around high end products but there's so many good and affordable products out there people tend to over look them. Don't get me wrong I love all high end products, who doesn't? but sometimes when the money isn't in full flow it's nice too know that you can pop to the local chemist and get something just as good for a fraction of the price! 

The two products I used are both from Rimmel, I picked them up one of the days just browsing in boots and there such good dupes! The first is actually an eyebrow pencil, it's their professional eyebrow pencil in 002 Hazel. It's actually just as good as any Mac liner I've used. It's really long lasting, a little goes a long way and I'm getting a lip liner and an eyebrow pencil all in one!

The second product is from their Kate Moss range and its the lasting finish lipstick in the shade 003. I think it's a great dupe of Macs Velvet Teddy, the highly sought after colour that Kylie Jenner uses. Now it's not as matte it does have a sheen to it but a wee tip, dab a pit of powder on the centre and bobs your uncle! 

The brow pencil cost about €4.99 and the lipstick was around €8.99 so a total money saver comparing too what you'd pay if you where buying Mac. 

I actually didn't use much lipstick in these two photos I just dabbed a little on and used some Vaseline over it because my lips are as dry these days. 






I just put some on again and took a quick snap so you can see the shade better. To me its a great dupe, I was really surprised at how strong the pigmentation was. Well done Rimmel totes impressed! 

Thanks for reading ladies,
Love BV x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading :)